dinsdag 18 oktober 2011

Cool Tools for Schools

Wow! Wish I noticed this site earlier! I checked out http://cooltoolsforschools.wikispaces.com/, a very nice website with a lot of different technologies which can be used in school. These are sorted in categories like:
Presentation tools, Collaborative tools, Research Tools, Video Tools and more... Because of my background in Teacher Education all topics are very interesting for me. 


For instance Presentation tools are very useful to gain attention from pupils. If the teacher has an attractive presentation the pupils pay more attention. Also collaborative tools are very useful, to make teamwork more motivating. In the categorie research tools I saw a very nice tool called: http://www.wonderhowto.com/. I was very intriged by this site. Because when teaching children you have to make certain things clear. When doing this I already made use of different tools like video, pictures, drawings. However, this site presents answers to questions of children so clear that it exceeds all my attempts. The site presents answers to allmost any question by a demonstration video. For instance a demonstrating of Newton's Law. As a teacher you can try and explain it to your pupils, but this video seems far more efficient.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten